Anyway, we're still trying to decide on a name. John suggested simply "The Head" since that is her most prominent physical feature. We're leaning toward "Bernie" since "Bern" is German for "Bear" ("Bear" was my first name suggestion, again thanks to her gigantic head).
Katie is delighted to have a doggie to play with, and the doggie so far seems quite content to be here as well. She has endured a 2-hour car ride home and even a few fur yanks when I was trying to teach Katie how to pet gently.... oops. But so far, no snaps or nips or anything, so all seems well. The dog is incredibly strong though, so I'll still have to figure out how to walk the dog and Katie at the same time without one of us toppling over.
Here are photos of John and Katie meeting the doggie for the first time (I have the flu so my photo will not be shown here):
Here's the doggie after we brought her home:
And here are Katie and the doggie after John gave Dog a bath. Quite an adventure. Nothing like having to pick up a St. Bernard who is spreading all 4 legs as wide as possible so as not to have to go in the bathtub. I didn't get to watch since John did it all with the door closed. It's a shame. I had my camera ready for a good photo op.
I vote for John. But it's still time for all of us to go to bed. G'night!

No comments:
Post a Comment