Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Katie Meets the Muppet of Her Dreams

Joshua, Katie and I stopped by a local "Mommy and Me" event today to grab a bite to eat with friends. We were surprised to find Katie's favorite furry friend there -- Elmo!! If Katie looks less than thrilled in this photo, yes, it's true -- she was pretty nervous around Elmo. She would only go near him if I was holding her hand, and she only touched him when he wasn't looking (see below photo -- it reminded me of the woman touching Jesus to be healed when his back was turned).


The videos below show Katie's interactions with her fuzzy red monster.



If you ask Katie about meeting Elmo, all she'll say is "five". I had no idea what she meant for awhile, but then I realized it's because Elmo gave her five (see 2nd video). :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, meeting Elmo. My kids would be so jealous. Elmo is definitely a celebrity in this house. I love how Katie keeps tentatively inching forward and then backing up. On the one hand, it's Elmo, on the other hand, he gigantic and mute.

    ReplyDelete