Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Congratulations, Stephen and Lindsey!!


My brother Stephen called me yesterday with the most EXCELLENT news: He is now engaged to Lindsey Rowe, his long-distance girlfriend of many months! We were expecting them to get engaged, though he surprised all of us (including Lindsey) with a surprise trip to Seattle this week to propose. Congratulations, Stephen and Lindsey!!

In addition to being fellow bloggers, Stephen and Lindsey both have a love of learning and a passionate heart for the Lord. I've only corresponded with Lindsey thus far by email and Facebook, but I look forward to meeting her next week when our family and Lindsey and her mom are all in California for Stephen's seminary graduation. Then L&S both plan to move to our area this summer, with Lindsey getting settled while Stephen endures a few months of boot camp in preparation for his career as an Army chaplain. They hope to get married sometime next year.

I have prayed for years for the Lord to bring Stephen the right woman, and especially a wife who loves the Lord. Katie and John and I all look forward to welcoming Lindsey into our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment