Saturday, May 10, 2008

Playing a Little Blog Catch Up

Here are a few fun items I never got around to blogging about.

April 17 and 21 -- Katie "helped" Daddy put up the safety gates on the stairs. No more climbing stairs for Katie!!



April 18 -- Several of my high school friend "mommies" gathered at our house for brunch. It was so fun that we're starting to do it on a regular basis.

April 24 -- Katie watched cartoons for the first time. She seems to be enjoying it, don't you think?

April 29 -- Katie and I waited in line at Ben & Jerry's for Free Cone Day. She skipped the spoon when trying to eat her Strawberry Kiwi sorbet. Yummy!

Sunday, May 4 -- My organist father-in-law invited me to join his church choir when they sang John Rutter's "Gloria." I sang that 3-movement piece twice while a senior in high school and enjoyed singing it again with them (although it didn't take me long to realize that I'm no longer the soprano I was then!). Katie and John watched from the back of the church, and I could see Katie clapping during the song and I could hear her trying to sing along. Here's a photo of my father-in-law and I after the performance:

May 11 - John had already showered me with blessings for my first Mothers Day (he replaced my wedding ring with an even better one, plus he babysat for 6 hours on Saturday so I could have girl time and go clothes shopping for the first time since Katie's birth!). So I was happy to spend Mothers Day doing his favorite activity: watching lacrosse! And this time, Katie got to come along!


Here's a hysterical video of her cheering with us:

YEA!! Katie's first lacrosse game!!! Well, unless you count the game last May when I was a week and a half overdue and Katie cheered from my belly while refusing to come out:

The two best things to come from that game? Our team won the National Collegiate Lacrosse Championship that day. And I didn't have to deliver Katie in the middle of Ravens Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment