Kathryn Lucia Biddison turned two today! Happy birthday, Katie!!
Of course, we've been celebrating for weeks now. :-) Since we were having a family-only celebration this weekend, we celebrated with her friends when I hosted our playgroup a few weeks ago:

Of course, we've been celebrating for weeks now. :-) Since we were having a family-only celebration this weekend, we celebrated with her friends when I hosted our playgroup a few weeks ago:


Yesterday we had John's family and my family over for a cookout and casual celebration. I had specified no gifts, but there were still a few fun things that showed up, such as a swimming pool with a slide, a teepee and tent connected by tunnels, and a magnifying glass:

Here Katie tries on her new hat from Oma and JPa. Note the "Kiss Me; It's My Birthday" pin. That of course is Mommy's doing. :-)


Along with Katie, we were celebrating my brother Mike's birthday. Happy birthday, Mike!

And just in case you were worried about Joshua being ignored during the festivities, you needn't have feared. John's sister Laura flew up from Florida to meet her nephew for the first time:
and my mother also took a turn trading coos and smiles with her grandson:

I had a wacky idea for a fun party activity, and many in our families were crazy enough to try it. We decorated balloons for Katie! I won't name who did each one, especially since there's a glaring misspelling by the English major in our family. *grin*















Looks like a great couple of days! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Vaguely homesick these days. :/
ReplyDeleteI totally did misspell something! Oh man.
ReplyDelete