Thursday, May 14, 2009

Photos from Joshua's Birth Day


First photo of Joshua Roger, weighing 8 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. 21 inches long.


A happy papa holds his son for the first time.

My mom holds Joshua for the first time. I'm so glad she was in the labor room with me.

Joshua and I with Nurse Barb and Dr. Apgar, who brought Joshua into the world.

Katie meets Joshua for the first time. She immediately seemed to fall in love with "baby" and has been such a gentle, loving helper ever since.

John's brother Jamie and his wife Amanda meet Joshua.

My brother Jason meets Joshua.

John's parents "Oma" and "JPa" meet Joshua (note Katie in the background).

Jason with Joshua and my other brother Stephen's then-fiancee (now wife!) Lindsey. Stephen was at Army boot camp during the birth, and I think this photo was intended by Jason to drive Stephen crazy, since Jason - and not Stephen - was cuddling Stephen's bride and newborn nephew.


Joshua with his Grandma and Grandpa (my parents).


Back in my recovery room, a tired baby sleeps after a very exciting day.

2 comments:

  1. Loved hearing the story and seeing the pics! We'll have to meet him soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy for you - he's just precious, Jen. I LOVE all the pics!

    I hope everyone is continuing to adjust well! Love keeping up with you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete