
My friend Jenn has been blogging about 1000 things she's thankful for, and I think that's a great idea and challenge for myself! I will keep blogging about my kids' adventures, but I also want to use this space to just be thankful for all the Lord has blessed us with. No promises that I'll get to all 1000, but let me at least begin.
1. Thank You, Lord, that I found my engagement and wedding rings yesterday after 2 weeks of searching for them.
2. Thank You, Lord, that our next-door neighbors had a baby boy this week -- someone for Joshua to play with in future years.
3. Thank You, Lord, that our good friends Jeff and Jenn had a baby ten days ago, and we had a blessed time of fellowship with them last night when we brought them a meal.
4. Thank You, Lord, that our marriage has survived -- even as I grieve for those around us who haven't been so lucky.
5. Thank You, Lord, that my kids are both so sweet and fun.
6. Thank You, Lord, that my kids are good sleepers overall, so that I can be too.
7. Thank You, Lord, for the "date nights" I've been having with John almost every night in front of the TV (no babysitters needed!) as we move through an entire TV series on DVD.
8. Thank You, Lord, that I'm still nursing, because it's keeping those date night chocolate chip cookies from putting as much weight on me as they could have.
9. Thank You, Lord, for my growing friendship with my brother Daniel.
10. Thank You, Lord, for my new sister-in-law Lindsey, who continues to bless and encourage me and is such a gift for my brother Stephen.
11. Thank You, Lord, that John only works 20 minutes away now.
12. Thank You, Lord, that John was picked for a 10-week work rotation (same location), a great honor that comes with added stress/responsibility, but it's only for 10 weeks so it won't be too bad.
13. Thank You, Lord, for my in-laws' beach house which allows our little family a chance to get away on mini-vacations several times a year.
14. Thank You, Lord, for Community Bible Study and how studying Revelation is drawing me closer to You.
15. Thank You, Lord, for our two sets of parents who live close by and provide such emotional/spiritual/practical encouragement to us.
16. Thank You, Lord, for all the people who pray for us.
17. Thank You, Lord, for Blogger software which makes it so easy to chronicle my family's adventures.
18. Thank You, Lord, for a big legal win for my brother Mike last week.
19. Thank You, Lord, for my part-time job that I can do from home and for a client who gives me as much work -- and only as much work -- as I can handle.
20. Thank You, Lord, for kids' naptimes that typically give me a break in the middle of the day when I need it most.
I love this! I love reading your words of thankfulness and being thankful for them in your life along with you!
ReplyDelete