Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gifts 21-35

On my quest to find 1000 things to be thankful for...

21. Thank You, Lord, that my credit card company reversed 2 out of 3 charges when I stupidly tried to pay off my card using a bank account I had closed.

22. Thank You, Lord, for the upcoming holiday weekend.

23. Thank You, Lord, that my town is celebrating Restaurant Week this week -- I'm always happy for another excuse not to cook and just to enjoy my family!

24. Thank You, Lord, that as an elderly friend grieves the loss of her husband yesterday, she does not grieve without hope (1 Thess. 4:13-14).

25. Thank You, Lord, for reminding me yesterday of some of the things You love about me. It's too easy to only think I'm disappointing You.

26. Thank You, Lord, for friends and family who are willing to babysit my kids for free.

27. Thank You, Lord, for the many times I do or say thoughtless things and the person who should be offended isn't.

28. Thank You, Lord, for refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. (I am becoming better at cooking it before eating it, I promise, John!)

29. Thank You, Lord, for beautiful fall weather.

30. Thank You, Lord, for the used double stroller our neighbors gave us this week that is SO much better than the one I bought last year at a consignment sale and rarely pull out of the garage.

31. Speaking of which, thank You, Lord, for kids' consignment sales so that I almost never have to pay full-price for kids' toys and clothes again!

32. And thank You, Lord, that the beat-up sneakers I paid $1.00 for at the last sale so that Katie could have a pair of cheap "outside shoes" turned out to light up when she walks so that she wants to wear them inside, outside, and everywhere now.

33. Thank You, Lord, that a local restaurant gives 15% of its proceeds one night every month to our local crisis pregnancy center. (Thus no need to cook tonight either!)

34. Thank You, Lord, for a church where the Gospel is preached every Sunday without fail.

35. Thank You, Lord, for a daughter who cracks me up everyday. Like yesterday when we were going through a set of ABC flashcards (Thanks, Uncle Daniel!) and we got to U (Umpire). She had no idea what an umpire was, so she asked, "Whooz dat? Is dat Jesus?"

No comments:

Post a Comment