Sunday, May 15, 2011

Katie + Jesus = Friends Forever

Katie asked Jesus into her heart today!

When she woke up, she ran into my room for a hug.  As we were cuddling, I told her that we were going to church this morning.  She asked why we were going to church, and I said because we wanted to learn more about Jesus, and that we'd always be learning more about Jesus for the rest of our lives.

She said, "I want Jesus in my heart."  We've discussed this idea before, but I've treaded lightly so that it would be her decision and not something I pushed upon her.  I called Daddy upstairs so we could pray to Jesus together.  John said a simple prayer that she could repeat, and she repeated line after line.

What a delight to see my daughter's heart turn toward her Savior.  She has taken this step of faith, and God will be faithful to complete the work He has begun in her heart.  Yes, she is still young, but she loves Jesus and wants to see Him and know Him.  And God honors the faith of children.

A few minutes after our prayer, I sang a song to Katie that I had learned as a child through the "Kids Praise 3" album: "Welcome to the Family."  I found the music here so you could hear it, and I'll post the lyrics below.

Welcome to the Family!
We're glad that you have come to share your life with us as we grow in love, and
May we always be to you what God would have us be, 
A family always there to be strong and to lean on.


May we learn to love each other more with each new day.
May words of love be on our lips in everything we say.
May the Spirit melt our hearts and teach us how to pray,
That we might be a true Family.

Welcome to the family, Katie!

P.S. When we went to church later this morning, it struck me that Katie's Sunday School lesson was the story of Lydia accepting Christ as her Savior! 

4 comments:

  1. PTL Jen!My first encounter with Jesus was at age 4, and I made my confession of faith at age 9. I don't believe there's a "right age", God created and formed Katie in your womb, He's known her before she was even born. I am so excited for the calling HE has for Katie and the journey ahead! She is a blessed and beloved of God!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave my heart to Jesus when I was four. I also came and found my mom and told her that's what I wanted very much to do. I remember it like it was yesterday and it was a very real conversion. I still remember what it was like to not have Jesus in my heart and how relieved I was when I surrendered to Him. yay, Katie! Welcome to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN and AMEN! Welcome Miss Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Katie! I am rejoicing for you! Amen

    ReplyDelete